Friday, April 17, 2009

Wow! Did I write that?

I didn't know where this blog was. I thought blogspot had deleted it. I just found it again, and it is interesting to see how far I've gone from where I was years ago, when I created it.

I am now mostly an atheist. I still like the ideas of the positive thinkers, but I truly think that taken too far can be as bad as the Christian crutch.

For instance, if I come to believe that my thoughts affect my life and others', then I am always afraid of thinking anything, and that's very stressful. So I prefer to live freely. Having happy thoughts is always a good idea, anyway. A positive outlook in life is an excellent way to live. But feeling slaved to the "doctrines" that say that thinking evil of others brings me bad karma, is definitely suffocating, and I refuse to live "in the box" anymore.

I prefer to try to be positive and to think good thoughts just because, without any pressure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too think that what we think matters, that our thoughts and feelings are also energy that we project outwards. so if we walk around all hateful and bigoted and that sort of thing, then we're putting that out there. and so i try to stay positive. just because that's the kind of world i want to live in. where people are kind. but i hadn't thought of this as suffocating or stifling. what a good point.

you've mentioned before about a resistance to what i think of as "thought-policing." i really like your attitude of wanting to feel free to think whatever you want with no pressure of shoulds and oughts. :)

i know what you mean, i do certainly stifle my negative emotions, but not because i think having anger or negative feelings brings bad karma, or is even a bad thing in itself. more for fear that if i express them, i'll be hurt or rejected.

but i think not dealing with our negative emotions and letting them grow and rot and fester just makes us feel worse, and so for that reason it is important TO think them and feel them and get them out. and even finding like-minded people so you can complain together and realize you're not such bad people after all for having understandably negative feelings. :)

Anonymous said...

and even finding like-minded people so you can complain together and realize you're not such bad people after all for having understandably negative feelings.--

Oh gosh! Where are they? I've been betrayed too many times. I vented with somebody and the whole office knew what I said.

My husband or an anonymous blog are the way to go. What would we do without our blogs?