Monday, April 20, 2009

Have to look for work

Here I am again having to look for work. Husband's job ends in April, and I think this is a good opportunity to get off my ass and look for work. I really need to work for several reasons.

(1) I have very good skills, and I am wasting them by sitting at home just blogging, as much as I love it. I really need to get moving.

(2) In my experience, the best place to find friends is at work. We like some people and dislike others, but the chances of finding like-minded friends are much higher. I need friends. I need to love and be loved. My e-friends are great, but it would be nice to get together with people once in a while, for say a BBQ.

(3) I should look for work just because I am so afraid to do it. I need to defeat the fear. I need to defeat the inner voice that says, "you are worthless, you are never going to work again, no-one wants you." There must be somebody out there who can benefit from what I can do.

So, I need to write to a few people in several fields and create a network of contacts that will eventually give me a job. And I want to do it, just because.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds so great~ definitely being out and around other human beings is helpful to me. and working can give that sense of productivity that feels rewarding. not to mention the cash :) and in-person friends are certainly valuable.

i hope your job search is going well so far!