Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Control Study

I spent the weekend at a curling tournament, watching the best curlers in the world. All for $25. I couldn't believe my luck.

But doing that meant eating take out. And I ate lots of it, including plenty of flour-made products, like muffins, sandwiches, and what not.

Sure enough, the sinus infection is back, and I even think I have a fever. My entire body hurts, I have a sore throat, and my glands are swollen. Also, the intestinal problems are back, as in lots of trips to the bathroom.

That means that I have to live for the rest of my life eating no bread or pastries of any kind. Pork, beef, and lamb have the same effect, so fish, vegetables, and fruit should be my diet.

And there isn't even a God to get mad at.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry your body feels this way and you feel limited from foods you once enjoyed :( that does sound so difficult. i hope your body recovers soon from this weekend. and that you are able to find diverse and appetizing ways to eat the foods your body currently allows you. i think your anger is understandable though. food issues can sure stink. hard to believe something which is able to bring us such pleasure can also bring us pain :(

(a hug to you)

Unrepentant said...

Thanks, MMM. I grew up in a bakery and the sound, look, and taste of warm bread is the essence of life for me.

So, I guess I'm lifeless :( cause I can't have bread.

Temaskian said...

My digestion has certainly improved since I stopped taking dairy products. I suspected I was lactose intolerant all along, but it's strange; I couldn't quit until I read a book specifically telling me to, and how to go about it. The power of books.

Unrepentant said...

Glad you got off dairy. I've been off dairy products for about 15 years. I eat all kinds of soy products. It isn't the same but, I survive OK.