Friday, October 30, 2009

The thought of the day

In the middle of my depressions, sometimes, an uplifting thought comes to mind. I've always said I'll write them down and never do. Maybe if I write them here I'll be able to keep the positive thoughts on record. So, here is my today's thought.

I keep worrying about all the bridges I've burned. It's as if I were ridding on a train, sitting on a seat that faces the traveled road, the past, with so many bad experiences.

I need to move, to sit facing the road ahead, so I can see all the other bridges, lots of them, that I haven't burned yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that's nice. i like it and can very much relate :)

thank you for sharing~

i don't know if you celebrate halloween or dia de los muertos, but i hope you had a nice weekend.

Unrepentant said...

I actually had a great weekend, thanks!

I actually don't celebrate any, but this year a Mexican friend encouraged us to go to a couple of Dia de los Muertos celebrations, and I loved them.

Did you go trick or tricking?

Anonymous said...

i took my daughter around the neighborhood but i won't give her candy, she still seems too young to me for that. i missed answering the door for the kids though. that's one of my favorite things. it was a nice relaxing weekend though overall. i'm so glad you had a great weekend too! and that you got to go to celebrations and loved them :)

Temaskian said...

Are we twins or something? :-)

Your thoughts seem so similar to some of mine. Just that you seem more comfortable with yours.

Unrepentant said...

Temaskian,

Maybe we were brother and sister on a previous life. LOL!